Catylist ID: #30499691
Graves Mill Farm
Farm/Ranch for Sale
|Catylist Listing ID:||30499691|
|Property Subtypes:||Dairy, Hog, Horse, Livestock, Orchard, Ranch, Vineyard, Other|
|Gross Land Area:||664 Acres|
|Sale Terms:||Cash to Seller|
Overview / Comments
Graves Mill Farm, nestled at the eastern edge of the Blue Ridge Mountains in the picturesque Graves Mill Valley, offers a wealth of possibilities. Large acreage, location, versatile outbuildings, & extensive fencing could allow for use as a farm, cattle grazing, horse property, or multi-purpose estate. Residences include 19th century farmhouse ready for renovation, 2 cottages (one 3bd/3ba & other 2bd/1ba), and studio. Barns with run-ins & other support structures are excellently maintained. Two stocked ponds. Farm is a recipient of a conservation easement from VOF, which assuring land’s integrity while allowing property to serve its next owners’ vision. Less than 2 hrs from DC, 30 min from C'ville, & adjacent to Rapidan Wildlife Mgmt Area.
- Farmhouse: Built in approximately 1850, the home features 3 bedrooms and 2
bathrooms. It is 3,168 square feet with additional, unfinished spaces attached, and is
ready for renovation.
- Owner’s Cottage: Built in 1995, this home is 3 bedrooms and 2.5 bathrooms. There is
1,872 square feet with an additional 1,872 unfinished square feet in the basement. There
is a large 2-car carport.
- Rented Cottage: Built 1950, this home has been rented on a month-to-month basis. It is
2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom. 936 square feet.
- Studio/Tack Room: Possibly the old ice house, the first floor is currently used as a tack
room. The upstairs is a lovely artist’s studio with 1 full bathroom. It has central heat and
- Homesite: There is a homesite selected near the larger pond with preliminary approval
from VOF for a 7,000 square foot home and equestrian complex.
- 18th Century Bank Barn: Possibly built around the time of the original farmhouse. It is
33x32 and features a large run-in with plenty of storage.
- Large Dairy Barn: Run-in, milking stations, birthing pens, huge hayloft and is 60x45.
- Pole Barn: Perfect for vehicle and equipment storage.
- Workshop & Farm Office: Includes a bathroom and separate phone line.
- Old Corn Crib: Used recently as a large chicken coop. It also has a run-in shelter.
- Fuel Shed: Three storage tanks.
- Hay Barn: Located on the northern end of the property.
- Size: Two parcels. One is approximately 397 acres and the other 268 acres. The
northern parcel is referred to as Graves Mill Farm and the southern parcel Bison Bluff.
- Pasture: The property is about 1/3 cleared and has served as great pasture for cattle,
sheep and bison. There is extensive fencing in place and it is in good condition.
- Woods: The wooded section rises westward to meet the Rapidan Wildlife Management
Area. There are about 10 miles of trails for hiking, hunting, off-roading, and horseback
- Ponds: Stocked with a natural balance of Large Mouth Bass, Red and Blue Gills, Striped
Yellow Perch, Black and White Crappies, Channel Catfish, Breeder Shiners, Rosey
Reds (for mosquito control), minnows, snails, crayfish, Koi.
Attachments & Media
|Tax ID/APN:||37 - 5 & 37-5a|
|Zoning:||AG, CONSERVATION, MIXED USE|
|Zoning Description:||Title work has been completed and can be made available during survey period|
|Available Utilities:||Electric, Broadband, Internet Access|
|Proximity:||1 mile||3 miles||5 miles|
Quinton BeckhamKELLER WILLIAMS ALLIANCE - CHARLOTTESVILLE CVCMLS Member
|© Copyright 2001-2020 Catylist. All Rights Reserved. The information presented herein is provided as is, without warranty of any kind. Neither Charlottesville Area Association of REALTORS nor Catylist Real Estate Software, Inc. assume any liability for errors or omissions.|